For this scholarly paper, the student will complete a Community Needs Assessment and identify a gap or need that is present. To do this, the student will use observational and objective research data to analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the neighborhood or target population. Students should utilize the community assessment components (People, Place/Environment, and Social Systems)
The guidelines for the paper are listed below:
Describe the Community
1. People (demographic data and biological, social, and cultural factors)
2. Place/Environment (physical and environmental factors)
3. Social Systems (health systems, economic factors, resources, and services)
Research and Analysis of the Community
• Conduct a windshield survey of your neighborhood.
• Analyze the data on your community (the windshield survey information along with any data and statistics you found).
• Identify your community’s needs and strengths.
• Identify a community health program/resource that your community could utilize to alleviate the needs you have indicated.
• Summarize how this community health program/resource helps meet the Healthy People 2030 initiatives. • Reflect on what you learned from the assignment and how it will impact your practice in the future
NOTE: MY COMMUNITY IS DORAL FL, ZIP CODE 33178.
• Your paper must be APA format and at least 750 words not to exceed 1000 words.
• Double space your paper and use Times New Roman 12-point font and 1” margins.
• Proofread your paper; visit and present proof of seeing a writing tutor before submitting your paper to “Turn-it-in”.
• A minimum of two (2) scholarly references (ex. Healthy People 2030 and Center for Disease Control) must be used. APA format must be used in citing and referencing sources.
NUR2680L Community Needs Assessment QEP Paper TEMPLATE